Thursday, July 8, 2010

It's been a little while.

Sorry it's been awhile.Getting on the internet here is a hassle.

I can't remember what I posted about last so I'll just run through a couple of things that have happened since Sunday. Sunday we went to Wangfujin, which is a shopping district (mostly consisting of high end stores like Chanel, Cartier, ect.)We had what is called hot pot which is when a kettle with boiling water is put in the middle of the table and you place various items to be cooked in. Items like fish, chicken, and veggies. It was really good, as well as a lot of work.

I didn't spend much time in Wangfujin, but stopped at Tienanmen Square on the way back to campus. A lot of people didn't understand the significance of the square and I blame it on ignorance. Across the square was the entrance to the Forbidden City. We walked around the outskirts but didn't go in (as it is a scheduled group trip). I had a really good Szechuan supper at a really nice restaraunt that night too.

Monday I didn't feel well and I think it was due to accidentally getting a piece of undercooked chicken. Other than that I went to the Old Summer Palace, the one that has been destroyed twice by the British. It was really pretty with all the weeping willows and the lotus flowers. The ruins reminded me a lot of the ruins of that of Greece and Rome.

Tuesday came and left with nothing too interesting to report. Yesterday(Wednesday) I went to Xidan and did some awesome bargaining. I got a really cute dress for 60 RMB (a/b $9) and a really nice traditional Chinese dress called a Qipao for 120RMB ($18). I want to go back there sometime and try to find more deals.

Other than that not much new, class is less frustrating but still slightly confusing.

More to post later!

1 comment:

  1. Bring me back some fabulous Chinese fashion to blog about:)

    ReplyDelete