Saturday, July 3, 2010

Karaoke, Clubs, and Class

Day three.

First off I posted a blog two days ago, however it posted it as being old than the Day one post....

Yesterday was frustrating like the previous day (see post after Day One). Class was slightly confusing, like usual. I was called on to do a dialogue where I had to switch words out in the dialogue where it was underlined, or so I thought. Where this was partially the exercise, parts that weren't underlined where also supposed to be changed. I didn't realize this and ended up looking/sounding like a complete idiot. On top of that someone in the class constantly tries to correct me and the more I was "corrected" the more frustrated I got and the more I messed up. On the plus side we learned about mailing packages and at the end had conversation with the person sitting next to us about mailing a package. Me and my partner ended up going to the front of the class on doing ours, which was ridiculously hilarious. She wanted to mail her tea to her friend in the U.S. and I was confused as to why. She said it was because her friend was very thirsty and her friend would get very mad if he didn't get a drink. Any way, it was ridiculous and stupid and it was heightened by my slap happy, ADD state (magnified by the fact that I had been sitting in a classroom for 4 hours.

I went to the Summer Palace with my language partners which was really pretty. Two of the other American girls I was with got stopped several times to take pictures.It was hilarious! I took lots of pictures which I swear will someday by posted probably after tomorrow (we're taking a trip to the Wang Fu Jin otherwise known as the Shopping District).

Last night we decided to go to a Karaoke place. It was a lot of fun and the room was really nice and fancy looking. We sang for about 3 hours and my voice was definitely gone. Afterward, we went to a bar/ club a little over a block away. It was a little disappointing because all the drinks they listed were ones I can get at a bar in the U.S. and the music was exactly what I was listening to the last time I went to a bar. However, I actually danced for once and it actually ended up being fun, up until a creepy Chinese guy came up put his arms around my waste and basically tried to force me to dance. His hands would wonder up and I would try to push them down and push him away simultaneously. My classmates were finally able to tear me away from him and run upstairs. Moral of the story, no matter what country I go to I will still attract the creepiest guy in the room.

Tonight hold potential as we are planning on experiencing more of the Chinese nightlife. Hopefully, we'll end up some place a little less international.Hopefully tomorrow will be promising and maybe I'll find some really good deals on things like clothes, shoes, souvenirs, and so on. But, that's all for now!

再见!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment